Lenskart is India’s fastest growing optical business. The company was co-founded in 2010 by Peyush Bansal, Amit Chaudhary & Sumeet Kapahi to provide Vision to India. 1/3rd of India’s population today needs vision correction and only 25% of those in need wear specs. Lenskart was founded with a vision to solve this problem of eye wear and be the Numero Uno eyewear provider in India. With technology integration into the eyewear vertical, and keeping a deep focus on consumer happiness, Lenskart has grown more than 200% Year on Year in the last 2 years to be among the top 3 Optical Retail businesses of India today.
With employee strength of over 1200 employees, the company is continuing to grow 15% month on month, and changing the landscape of Indian Eyewear with its very unique services and products such
• Buying specs online with “Virtual Try On”
• Home Eye Checkup service in 7 cities with over 300+ eye checkups every day at consumer’s Houses
• 60 Click & Mortar Stores pan India (including tier 2 and 3 cities) as centers for people to get their eyes checked and book orders online as well as get their post-sale adjustments done
• Network of Affiliate Doctors who place orders for their consumers online on the Lenskart platform
When in 2011, the company was selling 30 specs a day online Lenskart raised its first round of funding of USD 3.3Million from IDG Ventures India (IDGVI). In 2013, when the company was selling nearly 200 specs online per day, Ronnie Screwvala led Unilazer Ventures, along with IDG again, invested around USD 8 Million in the company. Today, when Lenskart is making nearly 2000 specs a day- shipped pan India and, has so far shipped over 10 Lac specs across the country.
A little bit about the team and culture:
• Young passionate team
• Very numerate and focused on Analytics
• 150+ Talented Tech team in Delhi & Bangalore
• Experimentative and Jet Speed Execution
• Freedom to execute and take risks
• Obsessed with Customer Happiness and Delight