Position: DevOps Engineer
Job Location: Bangalore
Ideal Experience: 3-7 yrs in DevOps
Lenskart, India’s fastest growing technology-led optical business house. Lenskart was founded in 2010 with a vision to solve the problem of eyewear and be the Numero Uno eyewear provider in India. With technology integration into the eyewear vertical, and keeping a deep focus on consumer happiness, Lenskart has grown more than 100% YoY in the last 2 years to be the leading Optical Retail business of India today.
- You are a person whose day to day job would involve writing python scripts, making infrastructure changes via terraform.
- Strong understanding of Linux. We breathe on Linux.
- Must have a knack of automating manual efforts. If you have to do something more than 3 times manually you are the person who would hate this.
- Engage with cross-functional teams in design, development and implementation of DevOps capabilities related to enabling higher developer productivity, environment monitoring and self-healing.
- Should have good knowledge in AWS.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills as it would be part of day to day work.
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker (any container technology) in production.
- Understanding of CI/CD pipeline of how it works and how it can be implemented.
- Should have a knack to identify performance bottlenecks and maturing the monitoring and alerting systems.
- Good knowledge of monitoring and Logging tools like Grafana/ Prometheus / ELK / Sumologic / NewRelic.
- Ability to work on-call and respond to production failures.
- Should be self-motivated as most of the time the person has to drive a project or find performance issues or do POC's independently.
- You are a person who will be happy to write articles about your leanings and share within the company and in the community.
- You might be a person who is ready to challenge the architecture for longer performance gains.
- You know how SSL/TCP-IP/VPN/CDN/DNS/LoadBalancing works.
- B.E./B.Tech in CS/IT or equivalent technical qualifications.
- Knowledge of Amazon web services (AWS) would be a big plus.
- Experience in administering/managing Windows or LINUX systems.
- Hands-on experience in AWS, Jenkins, Git, Chef.
- Experience with the various application servers (Apache, Nginx , varnish etc).
- Experience in Python, Chef & Terraform, Kubernetes, dockers.
- Experience installing, upgrading, and maintaining application servers on the LINUX platform.