• Provision MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations
• Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
• Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
• Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary.
• Should be a self-starter and able to communicate with multiple teams
• Strong proficiency in MySQL 5. x database management
• Decent experience with recent versions of MySQL
• Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
• Tuning of MySQL parameters
• Administration of MySQL and monitoring of performance
• Experience with master-master replication configuration in MySQL and troubleshooting replication
• Proficiency in writing complex queries, stored procedures, and triggers, event scheduler
• Strong Linux shell scripting skills
• Have strong Unix / Shell scripting skills
• Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, etc. desirable.
* Install, Deploy and Manage MongoDB on Physical, Virtual, AWS EC2 instances
* Should have experience on MongoDB Active Active sharded cluster setup with high availability
* Should have experience in administrating MongoDB on the Linux platform
* Experience on MongoDB version upgrade, preferably from version 4.0 to 4.4, on a production environment with a zero or very minimum application downtime, either with ops manager or custom script
* Good understanding and experience with MongoDB sharding and Disaster Recovery plan
* Knowledge of Cloud technologies is an added advantage