Lenskart was founded with a vision to help people see the beautiful world by revolutionising the eyewear category in India and beyond. The ten-year-old company now delivers 7 million + spectacles a year in India and Singapore and plans to ship out over a billion glasses over the next ten years.
Lenskart being an omnichannel direct to consumer retail brand provides a unique ecosystem of a full spectrum of analytics use cases which very few companies in the world provide. This creates a unique challenge and opportunity for professionals to learn and contribute, at the same time solve a 2 billion+ problem.
Analytics and data science are core to Lenskart’s business across several aspects: retail & store analytics, digital & e-commerce analytics, marketing analytics, supply chain analytics, customer service, and more.
While the DS team works centrally, we are deeply embedded with the functional teams and have a very strong say in the operational strategy.
We are looking for strong Data Engineer's who will build the foundation of analytics @ lenskart.
The Data Engineering roles will be key to organise the data with cutting edge cloud and big data technology and help unlock the value from it with use of advanced data engineering concepts, data products and analytics.
Key Role & Qualifications -
- Design and code a data pipelines by integrating data from all the sources ( SQL, NoSQL, Files, Realtime integration, Google, API etc. ) but not limited to e-commerce systems, ERP, manufacturing system, Google 360, POS etc..
- Strong SQL and NoSQL skills, deep level of understanding to solve the complex business use cases.
- Experience in building modern dimensional data models to improve accessibility, efficiency, and quality of data.
- Experience in developing Big Data applications using java, PySpark, Hive, Oozie, Kafka, Java and Python.
- Programming experience in building high quality applications, analytics solutions, data products using power of Data and Application technologies using Python, Java.
- Exposure & experience with cloud data based data management practices esp. In AWS , Redshift, Spark, Google Big query. Strong understanding of ETL concepts and tools.
- Ability to understand data models and identify ETL optimisation opportunities. Exposure to ETL tools is preferred.
- Strong data modeling skills across minimum one domain. ex: Manufacturing, Customer service, Retail, Ecommerce.
- Strong analytical and communication skills. Should be self-driven, highly motivated and ability to learn quick
- Strong understanding of analytics needs and proactive-ness to build generic solutions to improve the efficiency
- Lead/Work with many global teams, communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams
- Strong project management and communication skills . Agile / Jira experience.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
Most important - Passion for solving business problems with use of data , algorithms, analytics and technology.
Location - NCR, Bangalore , Hyderabad
Bachelor's / Master’s Degree or Equivalent with 3+ years of experience in data engineering / Science role with background in Computer science or statistics from Tier 1 / 2 colleges with strong academics. For Lead Engineer 5-10 years of experience.