As a Commercial Associate/Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and driving the commercial aspects of the business. Your role will involve developing and executing commercial strategies, managing customer relationships, negotiating contracts, and ensuring financial success. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize operations, identify growth opportunities, and mitigate commercial risks. The Commercial Manager will play a critical role in shaping the organization's commercial success by developing and executing effective strategies, managing relationships, and ensuring financial performance.
- Commercial Strategy: Develop and implement the commercial strategy aligned with the company's overall objectives and market trends.
- Contract Negotiations: Strong negotiation skills, Lead contract negotiations with customers, suppliers, and partners to secure favorable terms and agreements.
- Strategic Vendor Relationship Management: Build and maintain strong relationships with key vendors to enhance loyalty and satisfaction. Getting new vendors onboard as per the requirements.
- Procurement and Sourcing: Managing Procurement and sourcing of different materials as per company requirements (Domestic as well as global manufactures and suppliers), cost optimization and quality checks.
- Financial Management: Oversee financial aspects of commercial projects, ensuring profitability, cost control, and cash flow management.
- Business Development: Identify and pursue new business opportunities, exploring potential markets, partnerships, and revenue streams.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with sales, marketing, and operations teams to achieve commercial targets and drive overall business growth.
- Pricing and Tender Management: Develop competitive pricing strategies and manage tender processes to win new contracts.
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation: Identify commercial risks and develop strategies to mitigate them, ensuring compliance with regulations and industry standards.
- Market Intelligence: Stay up-to-date with market trends, customer needs, and competitor activities to inform strategic decision-making.
- Team Leadership: Lead and motivate the commercial team, setting clear objectives and fostering a high-performance culture.
- Contract Management: Ensure adherence to contract terms and conditions, monitoring contract compliance, and resolving any disputes.
- Compliance and Legal Oversight: Ensure adherence to all commercial and legal requirements, including licensing, permits, and industry regulations.
- Project Management: Oversee commercial aspects of projects from inception to completion, ensuring effective resource allocation and cost control.
- Supplier and Vendor Management: Evaluate and manage relationships with suppliers and vendors to secure favorable terms and maintain quality standards.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or a related field. MBA is advantageous.
- Proven experience as a Commercial Manager or in a similar commercial role.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of commercial operations and financial principles.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Analytical mindset with proficiency in financial analysis and reporting.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities to drive business growth.
- Leadership and team management skills, fostering collaboration and a results-driven environment.
- Knowledge of legal aspects related to commercial contracts and compliance requirements.
- Proactive and adaptable with a track record of achieving commercial targets and objectives.